For example, tonight I am still up at 1:33 am, and I am going strong watching Friends. I should have been asleep an hour ago, but I watched the end of a basketball game I didn't care about and took a shower for 24 minutes. (Yes, only a shower.)
It seems like I do this every weekend. I don't know why, but it is impossible for me to go to sleep before two am if I know I don't have to work the next day. This is true, even though I really want to go to sleep early and feel rested.
Can anyone help me?
PS - I didn't brush me teeth tonight. I didn't want to.
VZ! you didnt tell me this is your blog that you post on all the time!! i kept going to the separation anxiety blog! next time you wanna fuss at someone you should atleast give them all the info they need!!
ReplyDeletep.s. it was good to see your face!
I used to read this some on saturdays my first year working... sadly i've ignored for some time. this is an excerpt from:
ReplyDeleteTake Heed How You Hear!
Ten Practical Preparations for Hearing the Word of God on Sunday Morning
By John Piper
5. Rest long enough Saturday night to be alert and hopeful Sunday morning.
1 Corinthians 6:12, "All things are lawful for me, but I will not be enslaved by anything." I am not laying down any law here. I am saying there are Saturday night ways that ruin Sunday morning worship. Don't be enslaved by them. Without sufficient sleep, our minds are dull, our emotions are flat, our proneness to depression is higher, and our fuses are short. My counsel decide when you must get up on Sunday in order to have time to eat, get dressed, pray and meditate on the Word, prepare the family, and travel to church; and then compute backward eight hours and be sure that you are in bed 15 minutes before that. Read your Bible in bed and fall asleep with the Word of God in your mind. I especially exhort parents to teach teenagers that Saturday is NOT the night to stay out late with friends. If there is a special late night, make it Friday. It is a terrible thing to teach children that worship is so optional that it doesn't matter if you are exhausted when you come.
Everyone should read all 10, it's good stuff.